KIEV, UKRAINE ESCAPE WITH CHERNOBYL TOUR!
- Looking for unusual holidays in Europe? We love Ukraine and its fascinating, beautiful and adventure-packed cities. As the capital of the Ukraine, you can expect lots of cultural hotspots and fun attractions in this beautiful city. From the sweeping, green public spaces like Mariyinsky and Khreshchatyj Parks, to the arty stalls lining The Descent, you’ll never be short of places to spend an afternoon. To see something a little different, take a walk along Sculpture Alley and soak up the weird and wonderful 1980s art on either side. Or Knowing what to see first is the hardest part of a city break holiday in Kiev. Be bowled over by the cupolas of St Sophia’s Cathedral, the city’s oldest church. Inside it is just breathtaking with colourful mosaics and frescoes. Wander through Maidan Nezalezhnosti, the scene of the Orange Revolution and allow plenty of time for Pecherska Lavra.
- Chernobyl Tour You will delve into the history of the area, seeing the devastation caused by the 1986 nuclear Chernobyl disaster first-hand with an unforgettable Chernobyl Tour from Kiev. For history buffs or fans of the hit HBO TV show, this is a truly fascinating opportunity to visit the fabled town. You’ll head to a meeting point and travel to the checkpoint at Dytyatky, located on the border of the 30km exclusion zone, where after a series of military checks you’ll be met by a trained tour guide who’ll help to ensure you see everything Chernobyl has to offer. You’ll sightsee around the abandoned Chernobyl town – an ominous yet provocative experience that provides an insight into what the world would look like without us. Next, pass through the 10km Zone by passing through the Leliv Checkpoint and see the almost fully-buried Kopachi Village, as well as its long-vacant kindergarten. After, explore the iconic town of Pripyat along with Lenin Street, the main square, the palace of culture, Polissya Hotel, supermarket, Ferris wheel and many more familiar sights. Get your blood pumping with a short drive through the western radioactive trace and tuck into a lunch (strictly non-radioactive cuisine). On the way to your final check out from Dytyatki Checkpoint, you’ll pass by the old abandoned Duga Woodpecker Radar station. After 10 mind-blowing hours of eerie silence and grand discovery, it’ll be time to return to Kiev for some more traditional sightseeing
- From Kiev: Day Trip to Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and Prypiat.
- Kiev: Urbex Underground and Bunker Tour
- Kyiv: The Secret Roof of Kyiv Pechersk Lavra Tour
- Kiev: Shooting Range Experience
- Kiev: Former Soviet Ballistic Missile Base Tour
- Kiev Jewish Heritage 3-Hour Walking Tour
- Kiev: Mezhyhirya Residence Private Tour
- Kiev’s Hermitage-Style Monasteries
- Kiev: Museum of Folk Architecture in Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi
- Kiev: Boozy Adventure Tour
- Kiev: Vintage Car Sightseeing Tour
- AMARANT HOTEL3*